Unbound for Mac Changelog
Unbound is also available as a free trial.
- v1.5.0 (January 9, 2021):
By popular request: we now support scanning multiple photo directories!
This means if you have, say, some of your photos in Dropbox, others on your hard drive, and yet more on a network drive, you can now see them all in one place in Unbound.
Also includes a handful of fixes for icons looking a bit off in Big Sur.
If you like the app, it would mean the world to me if you could take a minute to review us on the Mac App Store—that’s the #1 thing you can do to support future development! ❤️
- v1.4.0 (December 28, 2020):
Lots of little improvements to organizing photos within the app!
- Drag & drop of multiple photos from one album into another in the sidebar now works correctly. (Tip: Hold down Option while dragging & dropping to copy the files instead of moving them.)
- With more than one photo selected in an album view, you can now right-click and select “New Folder with Selection” (or hit Cmd+N)
- Cut (Cmd+X), copy (Cmd+C), & paste (Cmd+V) now work correctly when editing album & file names
- The sidebar now supports the keyboard shortcuts Cmd+N (create a new folder) and Cmd+Delete (delete the currently selected folder)
- Fix for some videos not being visible at all in the album view
- v1.3.7 (December 20, 2020):
One last update before the App Store Christmas shutdown!
- Improvements to display of portrait-orientation photos in album photos view
- Importing a new album (directory) now scrolls it into view and highlights it
- Renaming an album now scrolls it into view as well
- Fixed text rendering when renaming an album
- v1.3.6 (December 18, 2020):
- Fixed a crash when changing main photos directory (the infamous “NSSQLiteErrorDomain error 522”)
- Pressing the Escape key in fullscreen (slideshow) mode now takes you out of full screen
- Fixed a bug affecting the demo only where the “Delete Album” button didn’t work
- v1.3.5 (December 13, 2020):
- Minor fixes for M1 Mac (Apple Silicon) compatibility
- Fix to allow dark mode/light mode pref to override system-wide setting on macOS Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur (thanks Nigel!)
- Lots of improvements to first-run experience
- Fix to clear your selection after you delete an album
- v1.3.4 (December 4, 2020): Added experimental, native support for M1 Mac (Apple Silicon) and enabled Apple’s Hardened Runtime for improved security.
- v1.3.3 (November 29, 2020): A heap of bug fixes!
- Fixed a usability issue where all photos appeared selected (and hard to deselect) when you open an album
- Fixed using Shift+Click to select multiple albums
- Fixed unnecessary horizontal scrolling in Info panel
- Info panel now remembers its last state (visible vs. hidden)
- Deleting a folder now instantly updates the library view
- Set a reasonable minimum window size
- v1.3.2: Bug fixes
- v1.3.1: Misc. bug fixes for dark mode views
- v1.3.0: Added dark mode support, plus a handful of tweaks:
- Added photo view options to see more details at a glance.
- Added support for overriding the system default photo editor.
- Added support for duplicating photos.
- Added support for QuickLook.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Fixes a bug that broke drag and drop.
- Added better context menu support.
- Added Cmd-E shortcut to open a photo in your default editor.
- v1.1.12: Parts of Unbound have been completely rewritten to boost performance for the latest version of macOS.
- v1.1.11: Fixed up a bunch of bugs and a major performance issue on El Capitan
- v1.1.10: Fixes issue causing long stalls on El Capitan, plus misc. bug fixes
- v1.1.9: Performance improvements and bug fixes
- v1.1.8: Performance improvements and bug fixes
- v1.1.6: Performance improvements and bug fixes
- v1.0.1: Performance improvements and bug fixes